When We Can Help
We work with teams and organizations at two stages: large organizations that want to overcome the communication and collaboration challenges of scale, and rapidly growing startups that want to preserve key elements of their culture as they exponentially scale.
We have to move faster.
Interfacing with our partners isn't working.
I want to empower my team to solve their own problems.
We can't afford to work in silos anymore.
We need to show traction before our next round of funding.
We need to scale up without losing our culture.
We need to make better decisions faster.
My team needs help but where do I start?
What's the deal with millennials?
Our best ideas die in committee.
No one trained me to be a manager.
I'm stuck in way too many useless meetings.
We have to change and we can't mismanage it.
Leadership change is coming.
My skills are being underused.
Our structure is working against us.
Our best people are leaving.
We lack the tools to do our jobs.
Our collective mission is unclear.
We've been acquired and we need to stay true to ourselves.
Our Scope of Work
Regardless of the project, our goal is always the same: high-performing teams and enriching organizational cultures.
How we define both organizational and team design:
- Organizational Design is the art and science of aligning a company’s strategies, structures, and systems to most effectively fulfill its purpose
- Team Design is an iterative process of steering individual teams ever toward higher levels of performance and engagement
The core components of our work include:
- Research: Sprints into competitive and comparative organizations (structures, budgets, processes, etc.) and assessing the existing conditions of a team or organization
- Facilitation: Team offsites and workshops, critical for developing cross-team collaboration
- Coaching: Leadership coaching, team coaching, change management coaching
- Training: Targeted courses to address critical teaming skill gaps (e.g. giving and receiving feedback, adaptive planning, meeting discipline, etc.)
These are our standard service offerings, yet each new client engagement requires some level of customization. When you reach out, please let us know what resonated but do tell us where the circumstances of your team or organization differ.
Human, not dogma-driven
We design the how's and why's of a team based on the people inside the team and the contexts surrounding the team, not because of a rigid ideology or academic theory. We source from a spectrum of teaming models given a team's challenges, but the goal is never to be a "perfect" team under any single model, it's to be the best team for a given set of external and internal circumstances.
WE BUILD CAPACITY, NOT DEPENDENCY
For long-term engagements, our goal is to train 20% of your staff to be organizational designers just like us. We truly want our clients to continue to succeed long after our engagement has ended.