Resources for Teams & Their Leaders
Our library of new ways of working includes more than 100 case studies and simple skills to help teams work together more effectively.
Our Top 5 Most Popular Resources:
- Our A-Z guide to culture books, exploring more than 25 culture books and their common topics
- What every innovation program gets wrong, a look at the challenges of scaling new ideas and innovations in mature organizations
- What to do when you hit 60 people, the common traps of growth for teams and startups alike
- Demystifying millennials at work, the commonalities and differences between generations
- How to conduct a 1:1, our learnings from interviewing high performing teams
At Medium, we opine at length on the challenges facing organizations, leaders, and teams.
Our Top 5 Most Popular Essays:
- Why Self-Organizing is So Hard, a first-hand look into radical forms of self-organization
- Organizing for the Unpredictable, as the unlikely becomes increasingly common, how do organization adapt?
- The Merchant of Death is Dead, our launch post sparked Ev Williams, co-founder of Twitter, to declare it one of the most profound company announcements he has ever read
- The Evolutionary Edge, an organization's ability to test and learn from their environment will dictate their long-term survival
- Culture is More than a Ping-Pong Table, how companies confuse perks with opportunities
Resources for Fellow Org Designers
At Goodreads we collect our favorite non-fiction books that influence our approach to organizational design.
In addition, here are the books on our winter reading list:
- Female Innovators at Work: Women on Top of Tech by Danielle Newnham
- Think Wrong: How to Conquer the Status Quo and Do Work That Matters, by John Bielenberg, Mike Burn, Greg Galle, and Elizabeth Evitts Dickinson
- Whiplash: How to Survive Our Faster Future by Joi Ito and Jeff Howe
- The Coaching Manual: The Definitive Guide to The Process, Principles and Skills of Personal Coaching (4th Edition) by Julie Starr
- The Myth of the Strong Leader: Political Leadership in the Modern Age by Archie Brown